sunnuntai 12. joulukuuta 2010

Curtains for Claus family

                                                                                                   ZAC POSEN
So, holidays are almost here and all of us, girls, want to look fabulous and in trend.  BUT this season's velvet trend for the dresses is too close to Claus family for my taste.

Do you notice the resemblance? Well, may be not Mrs. Claus outfit, but her daughter or Santa's little helper that's for sure.


                           
   
 Another character that velvet dresses remind me of is Scarlet O'hara, remember her dress from the curtains?                   
            I guess that designers forgot the story behind this dress, when created their fashion pieces. Scarlet was very poor, it was right after the war and that is why the dress was made from her velvet curtains. So,  to make the same look like dresses and try to sell it for several thousands dollars does not really  make any sense.  
BCBG                                                                                                NANETTE LEPORE
 



















Well, I didn't find anything for myself, but I have black velvet drapes in my bedroom that will be quite enough for several pieces, anyone interested?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti